I and the Bird

Powered by Blogger

February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 /

Monday, April 03, 2006
 

New Michigan? More like 'No Michigan'!


Hilarious joke! What kind of comic genius could dream up such a pun? The kind of genius who isn't distracted by looking for birds all the time. So, yes, for the second time in a row, my visit to New Michigan SF turned up nothing. And, like, not even no new birds, but hardly any birds at all. During my visits this summer, while not turning up crossbills, at least offered a lot of other birds to look at. On Sunday I saw ZERO birds. ZERO. Without a few calls from American Crows and BC Chickadees I would have come away completely empty-handed. Oh well. I'll be back.

NEWS
Hot on the heels of the latest I and the Bird carnival, I have offered (and been accepted) to host the event in May. See you then.

California Condors, America's largest and one of its most rare birds, are making progress. A pair of birds have begun nesting in Big Sur for the first time in over 100 years.

MIGRATE UPDATE
The local listservs reports (MDopsrey and VA-Bird) are full of spring migrants. Early April has brought with it Broad-Winged Hawks, Ruby-Throated Hummingbirds, Blue-Gray Gnatcatchers, Yellow-Throated Warblers, LA Waterthrush, Northern Parula, Palm Warblers and more.
 
Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

Name:
Location: Portland, ME




Free Counters
Counter

Birding Top 500 Counter

Carnival of the Green